Bonucci withdraws complaint against Juventus

By Antoine Rabito on Thursday February 1, 2024
Credit: Photo by Icon sport

 

Juventus have announced that their former defender, Leonardo Bonucci, will not be taking legal action against the club following a tumultuous exit this summer.

Bonucci had been excluded from the team during pre-season and was therefore not allowed to play or train with his team-mates. He joined Union Berlin in September 2023, but said he would take legal action against the club for disrespecting him, in breach of the collective agreement between clubs and professional footballers. However, his position has changed and there will be no legal battle between the Old Lady and their ex-star. “My time at Juventus was wonderful, I wanted to finish my career there, but that didn’t happen. I always wanted the best for the team. I speak to several of my former team-mates every week, so it’s clear that I was an important figure in the dressing room. A friend to the experienced players and a point of reference for the younger ones,” said the Italian international. Bonucci scored 35 goals in 502 games for Juventus, winning eight Serie A titles.

Antoine Rabito

Antoine Rabito

Italian soccer fan from France. Everyday, I read the italian newspapers looking for the best informations to share.



Latest news